Ways to Give

Request Info

Gift of Cash

The simplest and easiest way to give to the School of Education and Human Development (SEHD) is to write a check or to use your credit to make a gift on UM’s secure online giving site. Major cash gifts may be made as a pledge to be paid over a specified period. For more information about making a major gift, please call Angie Gonzalez-Kurver at (305) 284-5038.

Give by Phone: 

To make a gift over the phone, please call the School’s Office of Development and Alumni Relations at (305) 284-5038. Outside business hours, please leave your name and contact information, and we will return your call the next business day.

Give by Check:

If you wish to send a contribution via check, please make the check payable to the “School of Education & Human Development - University of Miami” and mail it to:

UM School of Education and Human Development
Development Office
PO BOX 025388
Coral Gables, Florida 33146

Give by Credit Card:

If you wish to send a contribution via credit card, please Click Here



A gift of securities to the SEHD can be made in the form of shares of corporate stock or mutual funds, stock options, bonds, or other types of securities. With a gift of securities, you may enjoy tax savings. For further information about making a gift of securities, call Angie Gonzalez-Kurver (305) 284-5038.


Real and Personal Property

A residence or other real property may be given as an outright gift to the SEHD, or individuals may prefer to give their home for the benefit of the SEHD and retain the right to occupy the property for life. Personal property such as paintings, library books, or musical instruments can also make useful gifts.



Planned gifts to the SEHD are commitments you make to the university that will benefit the School at a future date. Planned gifts may include a provision in your will or trust, a charitable remainder trust, a charitable gift annuity, or life insurance. Planned gifts may also provide lifetime income to the college while also affording specific tax advantages to the donor. Learn more about how you can make a planned gift or bequest to the SEHD and provide significant support by us at (305) 284-5038.


Charitable Gift Annuity

Your gift to the School can do double-duty by providing the school with much-needed funds while also allowing you to hold an interest in that gift. For example, you can set up a charitable trust that provides you with income from that trust either for life or for a specified number of years.

For further information about setting up a charitable trust, call Angie Gonzalez-Kurver at (305) 284-5038.